The Government is spending over £450 million on improving Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the next 4 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015, 2015 to 2016 and 2016-17.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs,
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers,
- organise sports competitions or increase pupils’ participation in PE,
- arrange sports activities with other schools.
At Isle of Ely Primary School we are committed to spending the PE premium in a sustainable way that will impact on the health and wellbeing of our children. We want to raise participation and attainment in PE across our school.
Miss Bailey is our PE Co-ordinator and has planned and evaluated the impact of the funding across the school.